question

maciej avatar image
maciej asked maciej commented

Do I need to create an app to integrate the iframe with a website?

Hello!

I want to integrate the Clover iframe with a single eCommerce website. I created a test merchant account and generated an API token (https://docs.clover.com/docs/create-an-api-token). When I "try it" the eCommerce API in API Reference, it requires an oAuth token - which is associated with apps.

I have come upon this discussion: https://community.clover.com/questions/26017/do-i-need-to-publish-my-application-to-use-the-eco.html one member wrote: "So your first option is to use a merchant token and avoid making calls to our API from the browser. "

Is it possible to use the regular merchant token for iframe integration with eCommerce API? If so, could you please explain how?

Best regards,

Maciej

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered maciej commented

Update:

The token enhancements I outlined in my original response are not scheduled for release until November. I can potentially configure your sandbox merchant to access it now if you are interested and provide me with your merchant id (private/moderators only post please).

Original:

In your case (single merchant use), the intent is that you would be able to use a merchant token. However, we had to enhance the merchant token creation page to support this and it appears those enhancements haven't made it to sandbox. Let me look into this a bit more and try to get you an answer on when this feature will be available.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

maciej avatar image maciej commented ·

Thank you for your answer. What about the production environment. Would it have to wait till November, or could you also enable this earlier for the production account?
This is a project I'm doing for a client, and I have to deliver it within 3 weeks.
If that's not possible, I think I will try to integrate it as a private app .

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ maciej commented ·

This feature is new so it may not even work correctly. I can't provide you any guarantees. I seriously doubt you have time to get a private app approved in 3 weeks. have you even contacted our developer relations team yet to discuss this (appmarketbusiness@clover.com).

0 Likes 0 ·
maciej avatar image maciej David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I have sent the email. Thank you for your help!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community