question

SAMSA Team avatar image
SAMSA Team asked SAMSA Team commented

Clover pay cloud : simulate declined and partial payment. Add manual card entry to payment screen

How can I stimulate declined or partial payment with remote pay cloud? I know we can use test card details that are provided here but how can I use them in the payment screen? Right now the screen shows the amount being payed and only allows chip read or card swipe. Is there a way to add manual card entry option to the payment screen?

Clover MiniRemote Pay Cloud
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered SAMSA Team commented

Yes, you are looking for cardEntryMethods on the payment request:

https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-per-transaction-settings#other-functions

https://clover.github.io/remote-pay-cloud-api/4.0.0/remotepay.BaseTransactionRequest.html

saleRequest.setCardEntryMethods(clover.CardEntryMethods.CARD_ENTRY_METHOD_MANUAL);
17 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

SAMSA Team avatar image SAMSA Team commented ·

Thanks for the help on this. I was able to get the manual entry button on the UI display. Now however I'm trying to stimulate declined payments from the test card numbers provided and they all keep getting approved. I'm using random numbers for SVV and Exp date (eg 012 12/22 etc) Any reason they are getting approved?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ SAMSA Team commented ·

Are you testing on a devkit/sandbox device? I am guessing your merchant is blackholed, in a private/moderators only post can you provide me with your merchant id or device id/serial?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hmm, your gateway config looks good. What card number are you using? I just tried several of the cards that simulate a decline and all of the transactions were properly declined.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community