question

SAMSA Team avatar image
SAMSA Team asked SAMSA Team commented

remote-cloud-pay-api: Send device info with sale response

According to documentation, ICloverConnectorListener onSaleResponse returns a Payment object. Looking at the response with some test the Payment response has a device field which is undefined. I'm guessing this is supposed to be the terminal used for making the payment. How can I set this value in the response? I have multiple terminals and need to keep track of which terminal was used to make the payment.

Clover MiniRemote Pay Cloud
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I am not certain why this isn't populated, I will look into it, it should be. That being said your POS has to connect to the device and be aware of what device it is connected to when it takes a payment. Is there a reason why you don't just track it within your POS?

0 Likes 0 ·
SAMSA Team avatar image SAMSA Team David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Didn't really think of it that way. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ SAMSA Team commented ·

You may want to read through our best practices - https://docs.clover.com/docs/remote-pay-sdk-best-practices. They don't specifically mention this but they do mention some related things (tracking payment via external payment id, etc.)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community