question

robert avatar image
robert asked Jacob Abrams answered

Employee IDs - Are they the same across Merchants?

I am working with employee IDs for an app/integration.

I noticed that if you create an employee with the same email address across 2 different merchants, the generated employee ID is the same.

I assume the ansqer is yes, but I simply wanted to confirm: is the employee ID for an employee with the same email address the same across merchants?

Thank you!

Employees
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

E-mail address is an optional field for employee and it is a field that can be modified or deleted. When an object such as an employee is created a random 13 character id is created which is stable for that employee and will not change even if fields such as name, email and passcode are changed. Employee ids are not guaranteed to be the same across merchants even if email address is the same, if that happened in one instance to you it was pure luck.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community