question

foodstorm avatar image
foodstorm asked foodstorm commented

Disabling CVV for manual card entry (vault card)

Hi there,

When vaulting a card via remote pay cloud, is it possible to disable or skip CVV entry when using "Type Card"?

Many thanks,

Anthony.

Remote Pay Cloud
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered foodstorm commented

No, I do not believe that is possible.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

foodstorm avatar image foodstorm commented ·

Thanks for your quick reply. We're trying to figure out a solution here for moto transactions, as call centre staff cannot ask for CVV. Do you know if the CVV is actually validated when the card is added to the vault? Or only when the payment is processed?

If it's only when the payment is processed, is there a way of disabling the CVV check then? e.g. by setting the transaction type to moto?

That way, call centre staff could just enter anything into the CVV field, as long as we can skip the validation?

Many thanks,
Anthony.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ foodstorm commented ·

Why are you trying to do this on the device? Seems like it would make more sense to do it from the web. I know the transaction type indicator can be set for our ecomm api - https://docs.clover.com/docs/ecommerce-accepting-payments#setting-the-transaction-type-indicator, not sure about developer pay (which I believe you need to use for device token compat?).

0 Likes 0 ·
foodstorm avatar image foodstorm David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Yeah we are currently doing it via a web form - but our client has strict PCI compliance requirements and they need to remove their PC's from PCI scope. We have a few clients who are keen to switch from PC input of card details to a more secure device like the Clover Flex.

I'd be happy to run some tests, but do you know how to simulate a CVV failure for manual card entry? The documentation says to use any 2-digit CVV, but the device mandates a minimum length of 3...

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community