question

lenab avatar image
lenab asked lenab answered

Signature confirmation

Hi

I am doing semi integration on windows with c# and I have a problem with signature confirmation window.

Our architecture is a little different because POS itself is an old delphi application so communication with clover is done through a c# dll.

So when it comes to signature confirmation not only I am in a background thread but also I do not have a main window.

So my SignatureForm cannot inherit from OverlayForm like in CloverExamplePOS provided.

I just have a standard form. The rest I keep just like in example and then in my cloverconnectionlistener class I do:

public override void OnVerifySignatureRequest(VerifySignatureRequest request)
{
SignatureForm sigForm = new SignatureForm();
sigForm.VerifySignatureRequest = request;
sigForm.TopMost = true;
sigForm.ShowDialog();

}

And it all works well except my signature form is not on top its hidden behind my pos window.

I do not know what else I can do:

I set property to true on design time

I set it on show

ShowDialog should put it on top.

I really hope you can suggest something.

Thank you.

SandboxSale
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lenab avatar image
lenab answered

Thank you David.

I set it up one more time in my constructor after it is all initialized and now it comes up on top.

public SignatureForm()
{
InitializeComponent();
this.TopMost = true;
}

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated converted comment to answer

Hi,

This really seems like a Windows/C# development question. There may be someone here that can help, but I suggest you ask your application in a forum that is better suited to answer Windows development questions.

2 comments
10 |2000

lenab avatar image lenab commented ·

Yes, I know. It's just on those forums people mainly discuss how to NOT make it top most. Form.topmost should force the form to the top layer of the screen above any other window. I am not sure why this is not happening here. So I though maybe signaturePanel class interferes somehow, suspends layout or something . That is why I ask it here. If someone can help would be great.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ lenab commented ·

SignatureForm is from our example app, there is nothing that says you have to use that. I suggest looking at the source of that to help you determine if it is or isn't causing a problem. I am not a Windows developer and cannot offer more assistance, someone else may be able to.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community