question

sykhira avatar image
sykhira asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Token for ecommerce api

Is it possible to use the card token, first6 and last4, exp date obtained via clover sdk after swiping a card (ACTION_SECURE_PAY) to make a payment via ecommerce api (/v1/charges) just like with devpay api (/v2/merchant/mid/pay). We would like to be able to use secure pay intent for capturing card data unlike having to implement iframe form to enter data manually. Thank you!

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

No, that is not currently possible.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carwashreports avatar image
carwashreports answered carwashreports edited

@ Hi David, I am working on a project that has a native app running on the Clover FLEX that interacts with a backend server I setup. I'd like to be able to sign up customers for monthly memberships, I was hoping for a way to securely encrypt the card by swiping/tapping/dipping on the FLEX and using that in subsequent membership bills that will happen on a backend server via Clover REST API's.

Right now I have it where the native app is using the PaymentConnector to vault the card and get a card token. But based on this and other posts it looks like the vaulted card from this approach cannot be used in the ECommerce API for any recharge billing.

Is there any way currently to do achieve this? I was hoping so based on this: https://docs.clover.com/docs/vaulting-cards
If not, what do you recommend as how to move forward? Ideally I'd like to have it so we can just swipe the card and get something to work with the ECommerce API, but if that is not possible a iframe embedded into a payment screen in the Android app in which the user can enter their card data themselves? Send them a link to an online portal to enter the card and use the iframe technique?

I've seen apps like `Memberships` that store a card and perform recurring billing at a given interval, are the way they do it still supported or that is cutoff due to deprecation of the Developer Pay API?

10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

On device tokens are not compatible with EComm, and vice-versa. We do have a solution that hasn't been released yet which will allow you to remotely initiate a vault/tokenize request on the device via REST, swipe/tap the card on the device, and return either a device or an EComm token. Let me check to see if we can get you in a beta group for this.

2 comments
10 |2000

kirank avatar image kirank commented ·
Can we also get on to that Beta group? Dev accounts included next.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community