question

jeremyinvoiceasap avatar image
jeremyinvoiceasap asked mrlim commented

Can the eCommerce iFrame Collect Carholder Name?

Our customer would like to have the cardholder name available in Clover when a charge is created via the eCommerce API (iFrame integration).

After reviewing the eCommerce API documentation, I don't see any way of configuring the eCommerce iFrame to collect the cardholder's name.

It appears that the cardholder name cannot be provided as part of the API call when creating a charge (/v1/charges), and can only be provided when creating the token, which is the responsibility of the iFrame.

Is it possible to configure the iFrame to require the cardholder name, and if not, is there another way we could provide the cardholder name to Clover when creating a charge?

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered mrlim commented
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mlyon avatar image mlyon commented ·

I would also like to see this being an option through the iframe integration. Some of our customers choose not to provide their email address to us, so we can't create a customer record in Clover, and thus can't create a card-on-file.. but it would be nice to still have their name associated with the charge.

Alternatively it would be nice if Clover didn't require an email address to create a customer record!

0 Likes 0 ·
mrlim avatar image mrlim mlyon commented ·

I'm wondering if creating an order with the name, address, etc of the customer, and then paying for it with the card tokenized via the iFrame would also work?

As outlined here:
https://docs.clover.com/docs/ecommerce-accepting-payments#paying-for-an-order

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community