question

mitche avatar image
mitche asked phan.dev answered

Getting 'RemoteCertificateNameMismatch' error

When trying to pair a Flex 2 dev device to a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine we get the above error. I verified the correct certificates are in place. This seems to only happen on Windows Server 2012 machines as we can pair the device fine in Windows 10. We have reproduced this consistently on 2 different Windows Server 2012 machines. Is this a known issue with this OS or is there something else I can do to troubleshoot?

semi-integrationssecure network pay display
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Are you connecting to the device via name or ip?

0 Likes 0 ·
mitche avatar image mitche David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

We are connecting via IP

0 Likes 0 ·

Any update for this question? Do you need any additional info?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ mitche commented ·

I am guessing it is a problem with the OS. I don't have the ability to test on that OS. You can try contacting semi-integrations@clover.com.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Mitch, I asked around about this, can you try using the hostname NOT the IP as I previously suggested? I think this has to do with an issue with Windows 12 server and SANS certificates. Also, Windows 12 server is not one of our supported platforms - https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-windows.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mitche avatar image mitche commented ·

For some reason connecting by name is not working for us. My colleague has actually posted about this issue here:

https://community.clover.com/questions/23248/clover-flexsnpd-pair-using-serial-number.html

Something she failed to mention in her original post is that we can't connect via name after trying on about 10 different networks. Most of us are working from home and none of us can connect via name on our home networks. We also have 4 separate networks here in our office and we can't connect via name on any of them. Our IT staff confirmed to me that the device name is registering properly on our internal switch and routing tables and nothing is preventing a connection by name within our network infrastructure. Is there something we're missing or a trick you may know to get that to work?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ mitche commented ·

Can you ping the device via hostname? As for the cert issue can you inspect the imported cert in Windows 12? Does it look ok?

0 Likes 0 ·

I was finally able to ping the device via hostname on 2 different Windows 10 machines. However I cannot get it to pair successfully with the example POS on those same machines. I don't get any errors back it just instantly reverts to a 'Disconnected' state.

On my Windows Server machine all the certs look good. 'They are in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities' store. I can't ping via hostname from my either of my Windows Server 2012 machines but I can ping via IP no problem.

This is the endpoint I'm trying to hit on the device: wss://Clover-C04UQ94520504.local.:12345/remote_pay

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
phan.dev avatar image
phan.dev answered

@
Have you resolved this issue?

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community