question

jefitastamales avatar image
jefitastamales asked jasondean commented

Kitchen printer sound buzzer settings

Have a Star Micronics SP700 kitchen printer with a sound buzzer BU01 and I am not able to make it work does anyone know how to set it up to make a sound when an order is printed?

Clover Mini
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered jasondean commented

We do not support buzzer sounds. I actually know a little about this as I prototyped it a few years back, but official support for it was never added to the product.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jefitastamales avatar image jefitastamales commented ·

What a waste of a opportunity, there is a great need for this option on kitchen printers hope one day they integrate some kind of signal to activate buzzer, thank you very much for responding.

0 Likes 0 ·
jasondean avatar image jasondean commented ·
Any reason why support for the Ticket Alarm was never added? We recently switched from a Windows-based POS to Clover. The kitchen staff misses the buzzer sound as well as the front counter staff. They had all been trained to listen for the buzzer to make sure the prep ticket was printed.

I know the Windows Print Driver had this as an option in its settings. I would guess that it's probably a couple lines of code that would trigger it.

0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-m avatar image
ryan-m answered jefitastamales commented

It looks to me like that printer has the option of setting off the buzzer on its own whenever it cuts a new receipts. This was designed for POS systems that do not support triggering that buzzer

https://www.starmicronics.com/absolutefm/absolutefm/attachments/18/Application%20Note%20-%20SP700%20buzzer%20config.pdf

It basically requires a file to be transferred into the printer using command line from a computer. This would require you to plug the printer into a windows computer transfer the buzz on cut file. Then reconnect it how you had it originally. (Since you tagged the cover mini I am guessing you may have it plugged into that.)

1 comment
10 |2000

jefitastamales avatar image jefitastamales commented ·

Yes I think the same, but Star Micronics tech support says that even so needs a signal from Clover POS.

I will try this setting and see if works thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
jefitastamales avatar image
jefitastamales answered jefitastamales edited

We are using "CUSTOMERS CLOVER APP" every time there is an order coming through this APP the CLOVER MINI makes a beeping sound alerting that there is an order from the APP, question here can this signal be used to make the KITCHEN PRINTER BUZZER work?

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community