question

Cristhiam avatar image
Cristhiam asked Bryanne Vega edited

Apps in dev stage on dev kit does need permissions?

Hi

I have a Clover Flex Dev Kit. I'm developing my first app, so I'm following the tutorial at documentation. I'm getting a permission exception requesting inventory items. So, need I upload the app to sandbox and set permissions at web panel, next download the app to testing it? or, how can I set "dev" permissions to testing the app on flex dev kit?

SandboxDevKit
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered Bryanne Vega edited

In your app settings on the developer dashboard you'll be able to select which permissions you require in order for your app to operate.

There are two kind of permissions, SDK & OAUTH permissions (make sure to check them both!)

Note, sometimes you'll continue to get app doesn't have (example) MERCHANT_R permission.

Try to sync things by clicking the synchronize button on register/settings app (clover) or rebooting your device (sometimes it takes a while to sync).

An example is, if you need to work with orders through the SDK under MERCHANT AVAILABILITY select "orders".

Hope it helped!

Update:

As far as APK goes, you will need to set the app ID or upload an APK to the developer dashboard (ONLY ONCE) in order for it to grab the app ID.

I have found that the signature doesn't matter as long as the app ID is the same. ( com.example.myapp).

If you're using an Emulator, simply pressing debug will install and run your app. If you get an error about signatures, uninstall the app and retry.

A little note on that one, you might get "app doesn't have permission MERCHANT_R"... reboot the device and try again after a few moments of boot up.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cristhiam avatar image Cristhiam commented ·

Hi Bryanne, thanks for your answer.

So, it means what I have to upload the app to sandbox marketplace first?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega Cristhiam commented ·

You can upload any version of the APK to the market as long as your app ID matches the one in your development environment. com.example.myapp

As far as signatures, it doesn't matter, you should be able to load the app as long as the app ID is the same as the APK you've uploaded atleast once is the same.

0 Likes 0 ·
Cristhiam avatar image Cristhiam commented ·

Ok, I just found this in doc

"Before you can sideload your app onto your Clover Dev Kit or Emulator for testing, you must upload your APK on the App Releases page on the side-nav on the sandbox Developer Dashboard, and then download it. You only need to do this once. You can then sideload new versions of your app onto your Dev Kit or Emulator directly."
at https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/working-with-apks#section-generating-and-installing-your-first-apk

I already upload the apk at sandbox, but it does not allow the debuging because the apk has different signature than debugging app. What's the workflow to debug integrated apps (by sdk) ?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Cristhiam commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community