question

tjcorcoran avatar image
tjcorcoran asked steven commented

NFC Problems on Flex 2?

We have developed a custom app that utilizes 13.56 mhz RFID cards. The solution worked fine on the Flex 1, but we are trying to migrate to Flex 2 and the new device is not reading our 13.56 cards. It works fine with the NFC chips on credit cards, but it seems like it isn't even reading the 13.56 cards. Has the hardware changed to limit this with the new Flex 2??

DevKit
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tjcorcoran avatar image
tjcorcoran answered

We are using standard MIFARE S50 cards and only retrieving serial number from each. We are not storing any data on the cars. Flex 1 and Flex 2 both read credit card info chip instantly so i know NFC is working on each device. but only Flex 1 is able to read our RFID cards.

Here are links to some of the ones we've tried

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0749M3WXW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075K6SB7H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you!

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

narayanan avatar image
narayanan answered

Apologies for the earlier response. After checking I can confirm that non-payment nfc functionality is not available in Flex 2 at this time.

10 |2000

tjcorcoran avatar image
tjcorcoran answered tjcorcoran commented

Thank you for your response. That is very disappointing and problematic for those of us that have invested significant time and money into developing an end user solution which utilizes the NFC functionality.

Does this apply to both MIFARE and NTAG203?

Do know if there is any plan to sunset the original Flex device?

2 comments
10 |2000

narayanan avatar image narayanan commented ·

This is planned to be added in the future. I will post here once I have some concrete dates. When it is supported it will be in parity with Flex 1.

0 Likes 0 ·
tjcorcoran avatar image tjcorcoran narayanan commented ·

ok. that is at least somewhat reassuring. please express our strong desire that it be supported ASAP. And also please pass along our frustration that there continues to be significant stability issues with NFC using SDK for original Flex. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
steven avatar image
steven answered

Hi tjcorcoran, can you provide which api you use or example codes to retrieve serial number from nfc card? I would like to validate if the function meets your requirement.

10 |2000

tjcorcoran avatar image
tjcorcoran answered steven commented

Below Library we are using for clover implementation:

implementation 'com.clover.sdk:clover-android-sdk:248.4'

implementation 'com.clover.cfp:clover-cfp-sdk:4.0.1'

implementation 'com.clover:clover-remote-interface:238.1'

implementation 'com.clover.sdk:clover-android-connector-sdk:248.4'

For NFC :

implementation 'com.clover.cfp:clover-cfp-sdk:4.0.1'

We are extending our class with:

com.clover.cfp.activity.CloverCFPActivity

override fun onCreate(savedInstanceState: Bundle?) {

super.onCreate(savedInstanceState)

// setSystemUiVisibility()

mAdapter = NfcAdapter.getDefaultAdapter(this)

if (mAdapter == null) {

showToast("No NFC found")

}

mPendingIntent = PendingIntent.getActivity(

this, 0,

Intent(this, javaClass), 0

)

}

override fun onResume() {

super.onResume()

Log.d(TAG, "In onResume")

if (mAdapter != null) {

if (!mAdapter!!.isEnabled) {

}

mAdapter!!.enableForegroundDispatch(this, mPendingIntent, null, null)

enableReaderNFC()

}

}

override fun onPause() {

super.onPause()

if (mAdapter != null) {

mAdapter!!.disableForegroundDispatch(this)

}

}

//enabling NFC reader

fun enableReaderNFC() {

if (mAdapter != null) {

runOnUiThread {

if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= Build.VERSION_CODES.KITKAT) {

/*if (mAdapter!!.isEnabled) {

disableReaderNFC()

}*/

mAdapter!!.enableReaderMode(

this,

{ tag ->

val intent = Intent()

intent.action = NfcAdapter.ACTION_TAG_DISCOVERED

intent.putExtra(NfcAdapter.EXTRA_TAG, tag)

resolveIntent(intent)

},

NfcAdapter.FLAG_READER_NFC_A,

null

)

Log.i(TAG, "enable called")

}

}

}

}

1 comment
10 |2000

steven avatar image steven commented ·

Thanks, I've implemented internal test program as similar as yours. It could read TAG ID information.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community