question

Jai avatar image
Jai asked morenoh149 commented

Custom tender full payment

image description

In Clover Custom Tenders documentation, they have described that custom tender must pay for entire order . This statement will not be feasible for our custom tender business logic.

So is it a mandatory to follow the documentation and if yes can I know the logic behind it?

Thanks,

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered Jai commented
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jai avatar image Jai commented ·

Thanks Mark

0 Likes 0 ·
brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval answered morenoh149 commented

It is certainly possible to do a partial payment with a custom tender - I have seen this in action and the merchant is prompted to "Add another payment" - whether its recommended is another issue.

Bearing in mind, the payment mechanism changes depending on the hardware & plan set up i.e. if the Merchant has a Full Plan with station etc (using the Register App), partial payments are allowed. However if the Merchant is on the Terminal Only plan (using a mini and the simple payment/ Sales app) - only full payments can be taken.

3 comments
10 |2000

Jai avatar image Jai commented ·

So is it mandatory to pay full order or not?

0 Likes 0 ·
morenoh149 avatar image morenoh149 Jai commented ·

Not mandatory if on Register Full Plan.

1 Like 1 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Per @brokenOval, yes it's possible if the merchant is on a plan that supports the Register app. It's not possible otherwise. The Register / Payments app flow allows for paying partially. The Sale app does not.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community