question

sunrisesurfshop avatar image
sunrisesurfshop asked sunrisesurfshop commented

When processing refunds back onto a "merch card", are we charged a fee?

If someone is exchanging an item for another item with a different value and we have to issue their initial refund back onto a gift card/ "merch card" with store credit, are we charged a fee? That wouldn't make any sense if we were... please advise. Thanks.

Clover MiniClover StationClover Station 2018
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sunrisesurfshop answered

i.e. Bobby returns $100 worth of product that we have to load back onto a card before his new purchase of more products in store.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sunrisesurfshop answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
3 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I don't have an answer for you now. Let me ask around tomorrow and see if I can get one.

0 Likes 0 ·
sunrisesurfshop avatar image sunrisesurfshop David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

thank you! @David Marginian Our refund policy is 7 days for a refund and 30 days for a store credit/exchange. From day 8-30, there's a concern amongst the shop employees that we are now going to get charged when issuing a mere store credit back onto a gift card for simple exchanges. i.e. return a $20 t shirt for a $25 t shirt. Having capability to exchange items with a different value would help for those customers exchanging on the spot. Please keep me posted on what you hear. thnx again

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ sunrisesurfshop commented ·

I haven't forgotten about this. I do have an answer for you but I am verifying it before I share it. Hopefully, I can do that soon but it may be early next week.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered sunrisesurfshop commented

You should void the redemption instead of doing a store credit. There will be no fee if you void the redemption. If you instead do a store credit there will be a 2.5% fee based on load value.

1 comment
10 |2000

sunrisesurfshop avatar image sunrisesurfshop commented ·

how do you do that?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community