question

sunrisesurfshop avatar image
sunrisesurfshop asked blackmyth answered

Status on these Clover changes? A must need for retail!

Good morning! I hope this message finds you well. We are still struggling with several things before choosing to implement Clover into our store. A status on these would be greatly appreciated.

No way to issue a negative value to an item or category i.e. TRADE INS

- customer buys new surfboard at $500 but trades in his used surfboard for $200 to put towards new board purchase.

- need a trade in department. Important for retail stores.

ATTACHED A LINK TO A PREVIOUS FORUM HERE: SEVERAL PEOPLE DISPLEASED: https://clover.uservoice.com/forums/922462-inventory/suggestions/31778953-ability-to-add-a-negative-dollar-amount-to-an-inve

BOGO 1/2 OFF SALE RETURNS

- Unable to issue correct refund to the customer if he/shes returns the higher priced item of a BOGO 1/2 OFF sale. The system doesn’t recognize it’s part of bogo 1/2. You can issue a manual dollar amount but inventory not tied to the manual refund… then inventory is out of whack and your reporting is off.

- If you try to refund the full order then re-ring back in, there’s issues there as well. You don’t have the previous items they kept to ring back in.

- This gets extremely complicated with multiple bogo 1/2 returns (6-10 items)

- how do other stores handle this? A negative department/value option as stated above would be a manual way of tackling this problem...

TROUBLES WITH RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT

- If a customer walks in with an item he just purchased (without a receipt) there’s no way to scan that item and issue a refund on it, sending it back into inventory. Even for an exchange. We deal with exchanges and refunds on non-receipted items all the time.

GIFT CARDS

- we want to make sure we’re not getting dinged every time we swipe the card, on a Refund or exchange. i.e. Bobby returns $100 worth of product that we have to load back onto a card before his new purchase of more products in store.

-what’s the rule of the thumb here for store issuing store credit? Do we get charged?

Other issues we’ve noticed that’d be nice to have:

- Exchange items for items with different value

- exchange items with discounts or modifiers.

Clover MiniClover StationClover Station 2018
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

csiworks avatar image
csiworks answered

an App called Negative Tender. https://www.clover.com/appmarket/apps/9A336TWEF7R04

can do this:

----------------------------------

a way to issue a negative payout from register to customer inside transacction or use the payout as payment toward what the customer owes for what they want to buy:

i.e. TRADE INS

customer buys new surfboard at $500 but trades in his used surfboard for $200 to put towards new board purchase.

- ----------------------------------

This can be done with Negative Tender App. on Clover App market.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

blackmyth avatar image
blackmyth answered

I understand your concern about implementing Clover into your store and the need for certain features, especially regarding trade-ins. As of now, we're still working through some challenges, particularly the ability to issue negative values for items or categories, such as trade-ins. We recognize the importance of having a trade-in department, especially for retail stores like yours. Rest assured, we're actively addressing these issues, and I'll provide you with updates as soon as we make progress.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community