Good morning! I hope this message finds you well. We are still struggling with several things before choosing to implement Clover into our store. A status on these would be greatly appreciated.
No way to issue a negative value to an item or category i.e. TRADE INS
- customer buys new surfboard at $500 but trades in his used surfboard for $200 to put towards new board purchase.
- need a trade in department. Important for retail stores.
ATTACHED A LINK TO A PREVIOUS FORUM HERE: SEVERAL PEOPLE DISPLEASED: https://clover.uservoice.com/forums/922462-inventory/suggestions/31778953-ability-to-add-a-negative-dollar-amount-to-an-inve
BOGO 1/2 OFF SALE RETURNS
- Unable to issue correct refund to the customer if he/shes returns the higher priced item of a BOGO 1/2 OFF sale. The system doesn’t recognize it’s part of bogo 1/2. You can issue a manual dollar amount but inventory not tied to the manual refund… then inventory is out of whack and your reporting is off.
- If you try to refund the full order then re-ring back in, there’s issues there as well. You don’t have the previous items they kept to ring back in.
- This gets extremely complicated with multiple bogo 1/2 returns (6-10 items)
- how do other stores handle this? A negative department/value option as stated above would be a manual way of tackling this problem...
TROUBLES WITH RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT
- If a customer walks in with an item he just purchased (without a receipt) there’s no way to scan that item and issue a refund on it, sending it back into inventory. Even for an exchange. We deal with exchanges and refunds on non-receipted items all the time.
- we want to make sure we’re not getting dinged every time we swipe the card, on a Refund or exchange. i.e. Bobby returns $100 worth of product that we have to load back onto a card before his new purchase of more products in store.
-what’s the rule of the thumb here for store issuing store credit? Do we get charged?
Other issues we’ve noticed that’d be nice to have:
- Exchange items for items with different value
- exchange items with discounts or modifiers.