question

deven avatar image
deven asked James Tickett commented

"Unfortunately, Clover has stopped" after updating app engine on Monday Apr 19 2016

Hi,

I am a developer, Since i have upgraded clover engine on Monday Apr 19 2016 clover has stopped. i am using genymotion for clover setup.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kamlakar avatar image kamlakar commented ·

Hi, I am also facing same issue. Please fix it as soon as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
andy-pickering avatar image andy-pickering commented ·

Same problem here. It crippled my development VM so I reinstalled a new one but the freshly installed APK (com.clover.engine-1804.apk) crashes when trying to add my account.

0 Likes 0 ·
James Tickett avatar image James Tickett commented ·

I'm also having this problem and pretty unhappy at how much development time I'm losing. I set up another VM and did a fresh install of com.clover.engine-1476.apk and com.clover.appupdater-1096.apk then added my account... it looked fine. Accepting updates breaks it, and I get stuck in a loop when trying to add an account which crashes out.

Sadly, I've also tried using the hotfix and that didn't work for me! Is anyone else having the same trouble?

I found that Clover was stable as long as I don't accept updates, but the app I'm working on doesn't seem to want to install from the app market.

0 Likes 0 ·
James Tickett avatar image James Tickett commented ·

I managed to get it working again... I opened an ADB Shell and used the command:

sqlite3 -header -line /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "UPDATE secure SET value='prod_eu' where name like 'clover_target'";
0 Likes 0 ·
loyalzoo avatar image
loyalzoo answered andy-pickering commented

This has been solved here: http://devask.clover.com/question/414...

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andy-pickering avatar image andy-pickering commented ·

HI ADMINS! Any chance you can vet this guy's answer so we can see the link?!? Not been able to work on my project this week due to my VM being trashed with the update!

0 Likes 0 ·
deven avatar image deven commented ·

@Andy Pickering : install older version of app engine apk using command prompt and adb and it will work. i have installed older app engine and work fine

0 Likes 0 ·
mKonnekt avatar image mKonnekt commented ·

@Andy-Pickering we tried to install the old version but still have the same issues - Clover stopped working. Can you please let us know from where you have downloaded the earlier version - we used this link www.clover.com/v2/com.clover.engine-X...

0 Likes 0 ·
James Tickett avatar image
James Tickett answered

I am facing the same issue. Please at least make the link available if it is relevant.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community