question

garyp avatar image
garyp asked garyp commented

How do I build a Windows program to download all our device's orders and line items daily.

What hardware and software do I need to build a Windows program to download all our device's orders and line items to a PC on a daily basis? Do I need a Clover device attached to the Windows PC? We have 300 Clover devices, and we want to retrieve the data for all the devices. Any relevant samples or tips?

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hammer avatar image hammer ♦ commented ·

You would like to do this with all devices for a merchant?

0 Likes 0 ·
garyp avatar image garyp commented ·

Yes. We have multiple merchant accounts and multiple devices per merchant account. We want to download ALL orders for ALL devices daily.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered garyp commented

You will need to use the REST API to retrieve Orders for a specific merchant: https://www.clover.com/api_docs#!/ord...

You should also save data to your server if you plan on constantly fetching data on a regular basis to prevent API abuse.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

garyp avatar image garyp commented ·

Thanks for answering only part of my question. You work for Clover, right?

0 Likes 0 ·
hammer avatar image hammer ♦ commented ·

Please be polite.

What hardware and software do I need ...

Hardware - your choice. You specify a PC; any PC could work.

Software - there is no specific software to do this. We expose API's that access information.

Do I need a Clover device attached to the Windows PC?

No. See above.

We have 300 Clover devices, and we want to retrieve the data for all the devices. Any relevant samples or tips?

See https://www.clover.com/api_docs for reference. This also allows you to try the API.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community