question

bobbygill avatar image
bobbygill asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Are we still supposed to submit a rollback version of our APKs?

Previously whenever we would submit a new build, we would submit 2 APKs: the first being the actual new version of the app and the second a higher version numbered APK which was the same as the old version of the app to use for rollback purposes. When we would submit, both versions would be approved and we would release only the actual new version of the app. In the past week I have noticed that while our rollbak version of the APK is being approved, the first APK with the new is stuck Pending Approval.

Has Clover changed their guidance on how to submit APKs? Should we only be submitting 1 APK, and foregoing the rollback version?
App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered Jeffrey Blattman commented

Yes,

In fact, I've gotten so complaisant that I've avoided uploading the rollback version which ends up having angry merchants. Always upload a back-up APK in case your update fails, your merchant don't have to re-install the app in order to go back a version.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

You said "no" but it sounds like you meant "yes, do submit a rollback version".

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Wops! Sorry about that, fixed!

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Bryanne Vega commented ·

Depends if you were answering the question in the title or the final question in the post :).

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

It's up to you whether you want to submit a rollback version. I think it's recommended but ultimately only you know your confidence level in the new code. I'll ping someone about why one was approved and not the other.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community