question

woody avatar image
woody asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Refreshing an access token without manual input

Hello.

I am trying to make an integration between Clover and a rewards system. This is a web-based application that uses the Clover RESTful API.

With many other OAuth 2.0 flows there is the concept of a "refresh token" that allows you to get a new access token without forcing manual intervention of going through the OAuth2.0 process. It doesn't seem like Clover has a refresh token. Is it possible to renew a Clover access token using the web API without human intervention?

My goal is to have a system that can maintain an access token without someone needing to intervene.
REST APIAPI Token
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
Unfortunately, OAuth refresh tokens are not currently supported.
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

woody avatar image woody commented ·

So ultimately human intervention is required at this time for refreshing an OAuth API token?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ woody commented ·

That is correct.

0 Likes 0 ·
ggior32 avatar image ggior32 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Is there any chance that OAuth refresh tokens will be supported soon? I am developing a financial reporting software and asking a client to refresh a hundred mid's manually once a year is not ideal.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community