question

dhanaraj avatar image
dhanaraj asked Raymond Lee Deactivated commented

Is Clover Device work in offline?

If Clover device works in Offline? I am confusing, whether calling API is best or Calling SDK is best?
I believe SDK will work with local data, once we sync manually or connection established, it will share the data with Cloud API. Am I right?

REST APIClover Android SDKAPI Token
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered
You are correct, using the Android SDK will work while the Clover device is offline since it works with local data, and any orders/transactions made will be synchronized once an internet connection is established again.

See: https://help.clover.com/instruction/will-my-clover...

Keep in mind that transactions can only be made on an offline Clover device for seven consecutive days, after which transactions will not be allowed until the Clover device is connected to the internet again.

So the choice of using REST API or Android SDK is up to you, although as you mentioned Android SDK does have the benefit of being able to work with local data on the Clover device.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dhanaraj avatar image
dhanaraj answered Raymond Lee Deactivated commented
Is Customer module works under offline?
1 comment
10 |2000

Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee commented ·

Yes, if you mean CustomerConnector, it works offline as well, as it reads locally from the device.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community