question

biteheist avatar image
biteheist asked Ram commented

More than 3 minutes to sync order details

Every once in a while, a client of ours tells us that the push notification to trigger auto printing the order details we send 3 minutes after we initially send the order details to Clover for sync, does NOT include all the items in the order. But later, when they check the order within their Station, all the details are there.

Is it possible that it takes Clover more than 3 minutes to sync the complete order details to a terminal? This must be the case because it only happens every so often. As you can imagine, our clients are VERY mad about this because customer orders aren't prepared correctly.

Does clover send some sort of alert to tell us that all order details have been received? How can we be sure all the order info is synced before we send for auto printing? Why don't we have any insight into the clover syncing process to make sure our system works as expected because client think it is our fault? @Jeffrey Blattman @Jacob Abrams @AnthonyPinto @James Cha
Print
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Ram commented
Yes it's possible for sync to take >3 minutes. The most likely explanation is network issues on the merchant's setup. It only takes momentary blip in their network to cause the client on the Clover device to be "disconnected". It can take up to 5 minutes to recover from this.

Normally notifications / sync take around 5-10 seconds, which you probably observed when you tested your solution. But when there are hundreds of thousands of devices connected to all manor of network configurations there are going to be some hiccups. We struggle with merchants over the same issues. It's very hard to explain the technically limitations of networks / TCP to a merchant. They expect things to be instant and flawless.
8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

biteheist avatar image biteheist commented ·
I appreciate your reply and I understand. Should I increase the time before sending the push to whatever is reasonable with the restaurant?
1 Like 1 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ biteheist commented ·

Once you send the notification to the Clover cloud, the device is going to do the best it can do retrieve it. I do not think any adjustment as to when you send the notification will make a difference.

0 Likes 0 ·
biteheist avatar image biteheist Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for being so prompt with this issue Jeff!

0 Likes 0 ·
biteheist avatar image biteheist commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman I relayed this message to the client and they wish to speak directly to you or Clover about this. Customers are becoming upset and they can't get in touch with anyone at Clover to discuss it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ biteheist commented ·

I passed on your request.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Meaning, I sent the request to the folks that can handle it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community