question

rtw avatar image
rtw asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Printing from Web API or another method to local thermal printer?

We have a fully working online ordering integration using WooCommerce but are having trouble pushing the order to the Clover Printer or any printer for that matter. Is there any guidance on how to print from Chrome or Safari or an Android App to a Clover Printer OR another printer on the network?

We don't want to have to goto the clover kiosk and find the order and click print, but rather one button press print and have the order print or even more ideal automatically print orders to a local printer.

Open to bluetooth and/or local ethernet/wireless printer options. Receipt printers.

Thanks,

Jeff
Print
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shehan11 avatar image
shehan11 answered

Hi RTW did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Unfortunately, we do not currently have an API to print orders. There are two options currently available:

1) Build your own Android app to handle printing and go through our app approval process. Since you already have an app for online ordering you would probably want to modify that app's configuration to also be an on device app so you would only have to get one app approved. There are some complexities here, see Jeff's answer here - https://community.clover.com/questions/24117/some-times-all-line-items-not-getting-from-order-u.html.

2) Have your merchant install and use a third party application in our app market. This one seems like an option - https://www.clover.com/appmarket/apps/25BCJ2KGEJNEC. However, I haven't personally used it so I can't endorse it or say it for sure meets your needs.

We understand this is a pain point and has been for some time. We are working on a new set of APIs that will be easier to work with and expose this functionality but I am guessing they won't be released for quite some time so I cannot recommend that you wait for them at this point.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community