question

liquiddaffodil avatar image
liquiddaffodil asked cloverdevraklet commented

Installing/Testing ALPHA/BETA App for Limited Merchants

I have yet to find a definitive answer for this question: How do I install an app (just a web-based app) for a real Merchant to ALPHA/BETA test without making the App available in the Marketplace? This seems like a simple, common, and critical scenario, and yet it doesn't seem possible. Let me know if there is something specific that needs to happen. To clarify: right now I can install and use all day long with a Test Merchant, however real testing against real Merchants needs to happen before the app is published for general consumption.
App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered liquiddaffodil commented
I don't think you can. The best solution is to go through the usual approval process but once the app is approved don't publish it.
When you want to install for a merchant you will need to publish, install then unpublish in quick succession.
I hope that's of some help?
L
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

liquiddaffodil avatar image liquiddaffodil commented ·

That is at least a temporary solution. We'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a BETA testing (or similar) path coming for Clover developers?

0 Likes 0 ·
cloverdevraklet avatar image
cloverdevraklet answered cloverdevraklet commented

How do I offer the app to vendors as beta or test before I release it to the market?

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Contact developer relations they can push the app to select merchants.
0 Likes 0 ·
cloverdevraklet avatar image cloverdevraklet David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Does the developer have to install it manually on the device?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community