question

SAMSA Web Team avatar image
SAMSA Web Team asked SAMSA Web Team commented

Looking to build a custom POS on Clover Mini

I've begun building an app to that pulls open orders from our own database and then hopefully can complete the sale using the Mini. I'm realizing that something like this would have to be a Semi-Integration due to it being specifically for our business. I would prefer the entire process be completed on the mini rather than having two separate devices. Is that possible? Also, looking through the docs, semi-integration seems to require a call with an engineer and an application. How does that process start?
OrdersClover MiniSale
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered SAMSA Web Team commented
If you want the entire experience to be on the mini then it would not be a semi integration. Semi integration requires you to provide the point of sale device + software, which then uses semi integration SDKs to complete payments using the terminal (the mini).

You could just write an app for the mini, but unfortunately we do not have the concept of private apps only for a specific merchant. We know this is a shortcoming and are looking at ways to achieve it.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

SAMSA Web Team avatar image SAMSA Web Team commented ·
So if I built a fully integrated app that was specific to our business and only talked to our database it probably wouldn't be approved correct? So my only option then would to use two devices and semi-integrate to achieve what I want?
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community