question

david06n avatar image
david06n asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

How to get Clover Mini connect to Windows computer for Semi Integration

(re-posting this issue, because not why my previous post can't not be found)

I have
1. downloaded and installed CloverSDK exe, then installed C:\Program Files\Clover\USB Drivers\x64\CloverDeviceDriversComplete msi on my Windows 10 computer. Reboot the computer
2. Installed USB Pay Display app on my Clover Mini Devkit, and reboot it.
3. Connected the Clover Mini to the computer using USB cable
4. Launched USB Pay Display app, and the app keeps saying "! NOT READY, please make sure your USB cable is plugged in to both devices" and stuck there.

Did I miss anything to get USB Pay Display app to work? or what can I check and do to make it works?

Notes:
- The physical USB connection between the Clover Mini and computer seems to be fine because I can deploy an unrelated Android app from Android Studio, that I'm develop; just that USB Pay Display app on Clover doesn't seem to recognize that connection and can't get past that NOT READY screen.

- Also, if I turn off "USB debugging" in the Clover Mini (which is needed to deployed android apps from Android Studio), my Windows computer doesn't seem to see the Clover any more: nothing about Clover is can be seen in Device Manager list; only when the "USB debugging" is turned on in the Clover, the Windows' Device Manager list shows an item called "Clover Devices / Clover Mini Merchant Mode". Regardless the Clover Mini's "Developer options" and "USB debugging" are on or off, USB Pay Display app still says "NOT READY"

semi-integrationsUSB Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
I looked into this, and I do not see any changes in USB Pay Display. If you run into this again ping semi-integrations@clover.com.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited
Have you tried establishing a connection to the device via your POS that uses the Clover Connector Windows/.NET SDK? See:
https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/windo...
https://community.clover.com/questions/13178/clove...
10 |2000

david06n avatar image
david06n answered
Thanks for your response David. Yes I have, and a lot of tries too; even factory reset my computer to eliminate the possibility of some USB driver conflicts. But nothing worked: USB Pay app kept being stuck at NOT READY screen as if the USB cable is not connected; and the Windows .Net POS app of course couldn't connect because the USB app couldn't start.

Anyway, your response just prompted me to try again: connect USB cable; fire up USB app on Clover mini and POS app on computer, and everything's magically working now, in that first try!

Are you aware of any change or fix related to this on Clover side during the last month that might explain why it's working now?
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community