question

paulryan avatar image
paulryan asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Allowing till operator to enter cashback value in Meridian/Clover Interface

Hi

As it stands the only values the till operator can enter are those associated with buttons generated using information from the Clover Device which are created during the onDeviceActivityStart() event.
I am not aware of any values being returned allowing buttons for Cashback amounts to be created.

However

While implementing the display and processing of buttons generated which requires use of the routine CloverConn.InvokeInputOption() which takes a parameter of the type com.clover.remotepay.transport.InputOption which in turn has values of Description and Keypress I did note that KeyPress can have in addition to the BUTTON_1, BUTTON_2 values required for processing of displayed buttons also allows values such as DIGIT_0, DIGIT_1 … DIGIT_9, ENTER, BACKSPACE, ESC, TAB and STAR.
It would seem like these are designed to allow the application send characters to the Clover device if this is the case and it is possible to use them the cashback amount could be sent from the POS terminal as a set of keypresses.

I briefly experimented using these however with little success, as an example, to send the number “1” to the device I was trying the code below

Dim IO As New com.clover.remotepay.transport.InputOption
IO.description = "1"
IO.keyPress = com.clover.remotepay.transport.KeyPress.DIGIT_1
CloverConn.InvokeInputOption(IO)

semi-integrationsUSB Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

This has already been discussed and answered - here https://community.clover.com/questions/24326/cashback-semi-intergration.html?childToView=24339#answer-24339 and here https://community.clover.com/idea/24771/semi-intergration-idea.html. The secure payments application does NOT and likely will never allow for the invocation of input options on the cash back screen for the reasons mentioned in that post. You aren't going to get a different answer, what you are trying to do is not possible.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community