question

michaelbruno avatar image
michaelbruno asked michaelbruno commented

Connect Mac to Clover Station for debugging

Hello @James Cha,

We have a new Clover Station DevKit. I am not able to find the micro usb port to connect to the Mac for debugging. This unit does not have the removable plastic ring on the back of the Station to connect. Can you please assist? I would like to launch a test app to the device to debug it.
DevKit
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered michaelbruno commented
CORRECTION: I checked with our device management folks here, and we do NOT provide USB debug cables for Station 1 devkits. Therefore you must use network debugging on Station 1.

This is contrary to the original post here which I am now deleting. Station 1 does support USB debugging, but we do not provide the specialized cables for devkits.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks to @Dan and @David Marginian for correcting me.
11 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan ♦ commented ·
If it is an older model station (does not support/have a slot for inserting cards, swipe only), it does not support usb debugging.

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/setting-up-your-devkit
Relevant information in the section "Enable Android Debug Bridge"
0 Likes 0 ·
michaelbruno avatar image michaelbruno Dan ♦ commented ·
Hi Dan, thank you for replying. This station is swipe only. The issue I am running into though is that even in order to connect via wifi it still says to connect via usb in step 3. How do we get around this? Thanks in advance!
0 Likes 0 ·
Dan avatar image Dan ♦ michaelbruno commented ·

My understanding is that steps 3-5 from

https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html#wireless
are not necessary. I think that the station 1 devkits already have this configured.

0 Likes 0 ·
michaelbruno avatar image michaelbruno commented ·

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for your reply here. My devkit did not include this cable. How can I get one please?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ michaelbruno commented ·

Just be to clear, do you have a Station (C010... serial) or Station 2018 (C050... serial)?

0 Likes 0 ·
michaelbruno avatar image michaelbruno Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Jeffrey,

The serial starts with C010. Please advise. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
michaelbruno avatar image michaelbruno commented ·
Hi Dan,

I have read this section time and time again. How am I supposed to follow these steps when I cannot connect the station or the mini gen 2 to the mac? Please provide more info than just sending a link. I have launched the app to the emulator and it is working but I need to be able to install on the device. I have also uploaded versions of the apk to the sandbox. 1 is approved and will not install on the devices and the other 2 are pending approval. Please advise. Thanks in advance! Just fyi, the mini gen 2 has the slot for the chip reader. Thanks again!
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ michaelbruno commented ·

If you have a Station 1, you don't need to connect to USB:

Sandbox Clover Station cannot be connected for debugging over USB. In order to use ADB with a sandbox Clover Station, connect via Wi-Fi. Clover Station has the TCP/IP port set to 5555.

Another developer just verified that the steps above work on a Station 1 - https://clover.cloud.answerhub.com/questions/18552/cant-find-app-in-sandbox-app-store.html.

Your Mini 2nd gen should be easy to setup via the USB cable and the hub.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community