question

morenoh149 avatar image
morenoh149 asked morenoh149 edited

V2 APK signature scheme is not supported.

I get error `V2 APK signature scheme is not supported` when uploading. I tried:

"Build > Generate Signed Bundle"

I can only attach 2 images. The final screen I choose `v1` signing scheme and `release` build type.

The only thing that I can think may be an issue is the the `Key alias` value above. The instructions at https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/testi... seems to suggest this value should be `cert` but when I do that I get the following error in android studio "No key with alias 'cert' found in keystore /Users/harrymoreno/programming/clover/sandbox-keystore/Untitled".

Any help is appreciated.
App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

morenoh149 avatar image
morenoh149 answered morenoh149 edited
The issue was that I was uploading the debug apk ( app-debug.apk) which android studio opens in the file explorer if you click on locate.

The apk you should upload usually is exported to <project name>/app/release/app-release.apk. Upload app-release.apk not app-debug.apk.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered
It would be helpful if you showed the last screen of the Generate Signed APK wizard, as that one is the one that deals with the v1 & v2 signatures.

In addition to making sure that you chose v1, make sure that v2 is unchecked as well.

Image for reference:

v1-only.png (82.5 KiB)
10 |2000

morenoh149 avatar image
morenoh149 answered Raymond Lee Deactivated commented
The forum only allows 2 images per post. Here it is.

1 comment
10 |2000

Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee commented ·

Looks correct to me, not sure why it would still have a v2 signature.

I would generate a signed APK again, and when selecting the APK when uploading, make sure the foldier you are uploading from matches the destination folder from your screenshot, and make sure the modified time of the APK matches the time you re-generated it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community