question

getswift avatar image
getswift asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Dev App Crashes

@Raymond Lee
Dev App Crashes
Orders, Register, Payment all these apps crash on Huawei Phone (Model - TRL-LX2) and Samsung Galaxy Tablet (2016 Model)
Is there a list of Android devices suitable to run the dev apps?
DevKit
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
I'd highly recommend getting a development kit rather than trying to build onto a tablet device as I can almost guarantee that if you get an app working on a tablet and publish it to a Clover device it will stop working. Likely because of a lack of e.g. Google Play services. Devices available here.

That said, I have seen these working before and whilst there isn't an officially supported list of Tablet or other devices, you should be running a version of Android that supports Android API levels as far back as 17 for older station apps. More info available here.
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Right, we do not test on arbitrary Android devices. Some developers do use emulators. That's a better approach since you can configure them to have the exact screen dimensions as Clover devices. To be fair we have not been great about ensuring things are working on emulators but we are trying to get better.

0 Likes 0 ·
getswift avatar image getswift commented ·
@Jeffrey Blattman @brokenOval

I am downloading the dev apks on a Samsung Tablet from the sandbox apk section.
https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/developers/dev-apks

I am not building a new apk from source and porting on a CLover device.
This is for dev testing on an Android tablet. The test is to poll from our web service for orders created on a Clover merchant with a device. I would normally use the api to create an order, however, now i want to test end-to-end from the clover app so that i get the end-to-end scenario coverd before i release our backend.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ getswift commented ·

Again we do not test on different consumer Android devices. The best path is to get a Clover devkit devices. The next best path is to create an emulator that as closely as possible matches the characteristics of the Clover device(s) you are targeting. You can learn more about emulator setup here https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/emulator-hardware-profiles.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community