question

justinsouter avatar image
justinsouter asked justinsouter edited

How long for Clover App Updater?

Following the instructions for "Emulator Setup in Android Studio" ( https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/setti... I'm having a potential issue with Clover App Updater. First, I let it run FOUR HOURS before "adb reboot" from the Terminal, and now the second time through I'm up to an hour. This seems like an excessively long time, with no progress bar, no indication of how much data is updating, and nothing in the documentation to set my expectations if the update can indeed be so lengthy. My internet is 50M.

App Market
15 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Did you enable "allow apps from unknown sources"?

1 Like 1 ·
justinsouter avatar image justinsouter commented ·
I can't find the "unknown sources" setting. Using Android 9.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ justinsouter commented ·

They keep moving it smh. On my device it is Settings > Apps > Special app access > Install unknown sources.

0 Likes 0 ·
I had found that and wondered if it was the same setting. Unfortunately there are no switches in there.

0 Likes 0 ·

In the mean time, how about not using an Android 9 emulator. Clover has no Android 9 devices so there's not a good reason to developer with one.

0 Likes 0 ·
How did I not know that? So 8.1 good? Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·

You can try 27, or anything under that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Downgraded my emulator to 27, re-started the emulator set-up instructions, and still having the same issue.
0 Likes 0 ·

Logcat would help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

justinsouter avatar image
justinsouter answered justinsouter edited
I just did something I hadn't done before. I clicked the download arrow and it revealed the place where it shows the "App Updates" 3h or whatever, and I clicked on that for the first time ever and it opened something that showed a pile of apps and a button to the right to Install. I clicked install and it actually installed everything.

So not sure why that step was needed in my case, or why it wasn't documented, or what else I might have missed.

Thanks for your help. At least it got me clicking around and saw something that looked like what you were describing.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community