question

jitesh avatar image
jitesh Suspended asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

How can i partially refund the line items from an order? When I am trying to refund an order it says Cannot partially refund a pre-authorization transaction.

Hi there ,
We are developing a POS and I want to refund an order partially based on line item. I have made the payment through credit card and want to refund the line items partially. But i am getting the message Cannot partially refund a pre-authorization transaction. To do a partial refund this transaction must be closed out first. Consider doing the full refund and redoing the charge.
How can I refund a line item from the order which is paid by credit card in this case?
Refund
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kcinfuse avatar image
kcinfuse answered

Same issue here

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

I checked the code and some internal issue history here. The message is generally accurate - by default, preauths cannot be partially refunded before they have been captured. There is a merchant setting/configuration flag to allow this and if it is necessary for your development you may want to contact developer relations to discuss the options.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community