question

spsolutions avatar image
spsolutions asked zgreathouse Deactivated edited

I have an app live in the appmarket, under the description of my app i have hhtps link to website but its restricted on clover device

Https:// www.cloopcard.com the android webwiew works fine just a bit slow but potential customers cant check out my website before subscribing to my app,
App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered zgreathouse Deactivated edited
Our devices do not include a browser. In order to see things in a Browser environment, implementation of a web view is required on Clover devices.

(For future reference, if you ever needed to view a webpage on these devices a web view must be implemented in your native app. Here are the google docs surrounding implementing web views: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/webkit/WebView)

When the Merchant views the app from the app market on the Merchant Dashboard they should be able to open the link without issue.
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jonathan Ryan Grice avatar image Jonathan Ryan Grice commented ·

@zgreathouse Clover devices has a web browser called "Clover Web Browser". It's one of the downloadable dev-apks.

https://www.clover.com/developers/dev-apks

1 Like 1 ·
zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse Jonathan Ryan Grice commented ·

There are 2 apps: Clover Browser (Station 1) and Clover Web Browser (Station 2). The Browser apps are only available on devices that don’t accept payment PINs. Which is to say the only form factors which have a browser available to them are the Stations. Additionally (provided they are using a Station) the Merchant would need to have already installed the Clover Web Browser App for the functionality outlined in this post. (It can't be assumed that every Merchant looking to preview this application will have Clover Web Browser installed.)

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community