question

fullint avatar image
fullint asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Payment flow and printer

Hi,

Two questions, help much appreciated

1) Just to confirm a payment flow on Clover Flex, Mini and stations.

I load an APK Android app on a Clover device. I have a button that I have on my app called "Credit card payment". I click on this button and this initiates a transaction via the Clover ui, and once sucessful or declined, it comunicates back to my android app

2) Can I send receipts directly to the built in printer from my android app?

Clover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
1. Correct, see ACTION_CLOVER_PAY. This is for all types of payments though not just credit cards. See the docs for more information.

2. If you use ACTION_CLOVER_PAY, the UI to print the receipt is part of the UI, so you do not need to do anything.

If you use Secure Payments directly, you will need to print the receipt. You can look at the SDK under com.clover.sdk.v1.printer. In a nutshell you'll want to create a print job and then call 'print()` on it.
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fullint avatar image fullint commented ·

Thanks for the swift response, for 2) but if we use clover pay, we could still called print() if we wanted to print a separate receipt?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ fullint commented ·

Yes you can do that.

0 Likes 0 ·
fullint avatar image fullint commented ·

And to clarify, it is the Native POS android example that I'm looking at for 1) right? To get an idea of how to implement in my app that i will deploy on a station to take payments on that same station?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ fullint commented ·

Yes correct.

0 Likes 0 ·
fullint avatar image fullint Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, trying to compiel the native pos but it says com.android.application not found, can you please advise?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community