question

viraj avatar image
viraj asked viraj commented

Can I integrate our POS app with a Clover Flex device and use the hardware like printer, MSR, card contact and contactless and if we don't use Clover's payment processing would that work?

We have a POS android app which works on any android device. Is it possible to integrate our app on the Clover Flex device as we want to see if we can use the hardware functionalities like printing, card contact and contactless payment, Apple Pay, Android Pay etc but we have our own payment processor so we won't be requiring the Clover payment processing.
Clover Flex
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

viraj avatar image viraj commented ·
@rachel anything?
0 Likes 0 ·
@Vishal Are you able to answer this question?
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

rachel avatar image
rachel Deactivated answered viraj commented
If your POS is running natively on Flex, payment has to be taken through Secure Payments app, which uses our payment gateway.

In a semi-integration, the customer can tap to pay and the Flex can print receipts, but the Clover device still uses our payment gateway. Semi-integration is not currently supported for Flex, although it is on the roadmap.
6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @rachel, ohh that's not good then. So we had a talk with the Developer Relations team at Clover and they didn't mention anything about Flex not supporting semi-integration as of now. I also told them that we will be using all Clover Flex provided hardware to integrate it with our merchant app and they said the SDK supports to do this. So I'm confused now. Please suggest what should we do at this point? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
rachel avatar image rachel commented ·

Hi @Viraj, if you're writing an app that will run natively on Flex using the clover-android-sdk, you can do that.

If your POS is running on a separate piece of hardware, such as an Android tablet, but takes payments on a Clover device via one of our Remote Pay SDKs, that's what I mean by "semi-integration."

Can you clarify what you're intending? Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
viraj avatar image viraj rachel commented ·

Hi @rachel, Thank you for your quick reply. I intent to use our existing merchant app and modify it to use the Clover Flex's hardware i.e I want to run our app on Clover Flex itself and we might have to publish our Merchant App to App Market. So in short we want to develop an app for Clover Flex to run natively. I guess that's what you mentioned in your first statement. We can do that using the clover-android-sdk available on the GitHub, correct?

Thanks once again for providing all this valuable information.

0 Likes 0 ·
sam avatar image sam viraj commented ·

@Viraj If I remember correctly from our conversation with Jeremy, you were going to use our payment rails. We do not allow for other payment gateways in our integrations. The payment is handled by calling an activity called Secure Payments.

As for semi-integration, my understanding was that you were creating an app that will be published on the App Market, not a full POS system. If this is correct, yes, you can use clover-android-sdk. Here are some example codes: https://github.com/clover/android-examples

If I am wrong, and you are creating a POS and simply want to take payment through our devices, here are the different types of integrations you can do: https://www.clover.com/integrations

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community