question

thedangler avatar image
thedangler asked thedangler commented

Locked out of Dev kit Clover Flex

I got my dev clover flex today, set it up, tied it to my sandbox account. Added a pin number and the device updated. Now when it asks for my pin it wont work.

How can I reset the device?
Clover FlexDevKit
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thedangler avatar image thedangler commented ·
In sandbox there is no way for me to get my pin number. Is it the pin number I made when setting up the device or is it my test merchant? How can I change my Test Merchant? seems like there is no place to change anything.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered thedangler commented
Employee passcodes are stored in the Cloud, so resetting the device isn't going to change them. You can login to your merchant web dashboard and see the passcodes in the Employees web app.

If you still can't get past the lock screen with your passcode, you can reset the device by tapping on the clock 8x and entering the activation code (8 digits) you used to activate the device. That should be in an email to the owner of the account somewhere.
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi,
when I log in I don't see an employee dashboard. it auto redirects me to /developer no matter what.

Email to who bought the device or the sandbox dev account? I haven't received any emails.

Ill try tapping on the clock on the lock screen.

Am I locked out because I need to know the test merchant pin code or the device pin code?

Matt

0 Likes 0 ·
Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee thedangler commented ·

When you log in, you can access your test merchant via the menu in the top right.

See:

https://docs.clover.com/build/merchant-id-and-api-token-for-development/#step-2-access-your-merchant-account

Then you should be able to click on the Employees Web App.

0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image thedangler Raymond Lee commented ·

Hi, when I click on my merchant it doesn't show any of that information.

I'm in Canada, that might be the issue. I've tried connecting with a US IP address and it doesn't show any of that either.

Wonder what is going on,

Matt

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

PS, tapping on the clock on the lock screen doesn't do anything.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community