question

tharin avatar image
tharin asked tharin commented

new concurrent rate limit make our order display delay so much

Hi, The new API restrictions are affecting my kitchen display apps ability to function to it's full potential because the app relies heavily on being able to call order data {Order numbers, Order Types, Items and categories} real-time. With these restrictions being in place it makes the app useless to the merchant because orders will be delayed greatly. I am afraid that this will result in many merchants unsubscribing due to the massive delay that the app will receive when receiving orders. A concurrent rate of 10 per app will affect the merchants productivity and efficiency. If we look at things from the merchants point of view, they will ask themselves why use a Kitchen Display app that is inaccurate when they can use a Kitchen Printer that will print at the correct time. If possible can you loosen up the concurrent rate limit? If not what solution do you propose, because a web service is not going to work.
App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered tharin commented
Hi @Tharin, it sounds like you'll have to modify the calls you're making to fit our rate limit. For instance, instead of GETting 5 orders one at a time, you could just one GET to grab the 5 most recent orders.

GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdA}}
GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdB}}
GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdC}}
GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdD}}
GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders/{
                {orderIdE}}

vs

GET {
                {url}}/v3/merchants/{
                {mId}}/orders?orderBy=createdTime&limit=5

If you can provide more details about what you are calling, we'll gladly help you consolidate them.

I'll also suggest that you make sure that you've implemented exponential back off in your app while also keeping our developer guidelines in mind.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tharin avatar image tharin commented ·
Our app making a polling to Clover API.
a call from /orders every 20 seconds on each merchant
and a call from /items every 20 seconds on each merchant

if we do have a thousand merchant I think a concurrent limit rate 10 to an app isn't enough and the app will not works due to 429 error that the API reject our app.
0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community