question

ericet avatar image
ericet asked ericet commented

Questions regarding clover connector sdk

1. Does the clover connector SDK support cash payment? I know the clover mini accepts the cash payment but I just didn't find any method in the sdk is taking the cash payment.
2. Does the SDK support using same order ID for split payments? I see the order ID is generated by the clover mini and don't see a way to pass in same order id for split payments.

Thanks.
Clover Mini
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Greg avatar image
Greg answered ericet commented
Hi @ericet,

1. The clover connector SDK does not have a cash API separate from its regular transactions. It does, however, have a method openCashDrawer() which can be paired with your own logic for cash payments, for example calculating change, and a connected cash drawer. Cash transactions done in this manner will not be stored on clover's servers, but you are free to store them in your own application.

2. Currently, the connector will treat each transaction as a separate lineItem order, meaning it will have its own orderId in the Clover server. Your application can make transactions based on the split logic, but may also need a way to group those transactions together in case you need to adjust/refund the bill.

Hope this helps!

Greg
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ericet avatar image ericet commented ·

Thanks Greg. Is there any plan to improve question 2? I know in current Clover mini, if you have split payments, all payments will have same order id but different payment id.

0 Likes 0 ·
Greg avatar image Greg ericet commented ·

Yes, that is a feature on the native Register app. There are no immediate plans to implement this specific feature, but may be added as we gradually build out functionality for our remote-pay SDKs.

0 Likes 0 ·
ericet avatar image ericet Greg commented ·

Thanks a lot

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community