question

lboudreaux avatar image
lboudreaux asked rachel Deactivated edited

After Signature, Clover Mini hangs

I'm integrating the Clover Mini into an existing .net WinForms application. When I call ICloverConnector.Sale; the device prompts me to swipe my card, requests a signature, and then stops working. The screen shows a circle spinner and never moves past it. I get no calls back to my ICloverConnectorListener. If I then call RetrieveDeviceStatus, I get nor response. The payments appear to be processing, however; I need to get the successful response.
Clover Mini
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rachel avatar image rachel commented ·

Hi @lboudreaux,

1. Which version of Remote Pay Windows are you using?
2. Have you implemented ICloverConnectorListener.OnDeviceError, and has a device error occurred? http://clover.github.io/remote-pay-windows/1.3.1/c..

3. Can you share a MVCE and steps to reproduce? https://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
lboudreaux avatar image lboudreaux rachel commented ·

1. I installed 1.3.2 from the GitHub page

2. Do you mean the ICloverConnectorListener.OnDeviceError?

3. Unfortunately, I am not able to share any code including MVCE due to contractual agreements though I can explain the steps:

a. Instantiate the CloverConnector

b. InitializeConnection (the OnDeviceReady callback is handled)

c. AddCloverConnectorListener

d. Create a SaleRequest

e. Call CloverConnector.Sale with the SaleRequest

f. On the device, swipe the card

g. Sign

h. This is where it hangs and I none of the callbacks on the listener are called.

I got this approved to share as an example of how I am doing the sale. cc is the CloverConnector instance:

Dim pa As New SaleRequest()
pa.Amount = Total
pa.ExternalId = nudId.Value.ToString
pa.DisablePrinting = True
pa.DisableReceiptSelection = True
pa.ApproveOfflinePaymentWithoutPrompt = True
pa.AutoAcceptPaymentConfirmations = True
pa.AllowOfflinePayment = True
pa.AutoAcceptSignature = True
nudId.Value += 1
cc.Sale(pa)

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
lboudreaux avatar image lboudreaux rachel commented ·

This also happens with the Clover Example POS.

0 Likes 0 ·
rachel avatar image rachel lboudreaux commented ·

That detail about the example POS is crucial, thank you. You are getting onDeviceReady and are able to send a SaleRequest to the Mini, but then there's a loss of connectivity. Let's take this to semi-integrations@clover.com. Please include your sandbox merchant ID and devkit serial number in your email. Also, after you've reproduced this, please 4-finger exit form USB Pay Display, open the Help app > hamburger icon in top left corner > Diagnostics > Send Device Logs.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community