question

markbath avatar image
markbath asked minibusputrid published

Triple Verification failing continuously after installing app from Clover MarketPlace Preview

lambda$verifyDownload$11(DownloadApp.java:210)[updater-background-pool-3-thread-1]: App: com.neon.orderboard_mb, triple verification failed (519ms)

I am watching logcat with everything unfiltered and I cannot figure out why my app is no longer able to be installed on my clover device. I previously had no issues and this started in the last week or so. Did something change that I am not seeing a topic for in the community?

What data can I gather or look at to know what I need to do to get past this issue?

App Market
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tomdanny avatar image tomdanny commented ·

Resolve continuous triple verification failures post-installation of an app from Clover MarketPlace Preview with assistance from deals in Abu Dhabi. Our specialized team offers support to diagnose and troubleshoot issues related to verification failures, ensuring seamless app functionality and user experience. Whether it's debugging code, analyzing logs, or implementing fixes, we provide solutions to address the root cause of the problem and ensure successful app integration. Trust deals in Abu Dhabi to assist you in resolving triple verification failures efficiently.

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered markbath commented

Can you email in to developer-relations@devrel.clover.com with you developer app ID, and your developer account ID and what environment

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

markbath avatar image markbath commented ·
Yes, no problem. I will do that. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
OK, I have sent that information. It just occurred to me that the problem may be that I delete and recreate the app as opposed to bumping the version number. Do you think that may cause the problem?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Bryan, I sent one more email with the new appID. I believe I understand now what I need to do moving forward. Can you approve the new appID so I don't get 401 on my clover test device please?
0 Likes 0 ·
markbath avatar image
markbath answered

OK, so now it able to install (perhaps something happened by someone processing my email). I am now getting a 401 so I'm going through the recommendations I found in another community thread: https://docs.clover.com/docs/401-unauthorized

10 |2000

markbath avatar image
markbath answered markbath commented

OK, so I just bumped the version number 2.0 -> 2.1 and when I try to upload the new APK with some fixes in it, it says I need to update the version number. I'm not sure why the version is not recognized. So, I delete the app and want to create a new one with the new changes. Now, I am back to the same problem because the AppID has obviously changed. I really need to figure out what I am doing wrong with the version bumping since it seems it is not recognized. When I create a new app and upload that same new APK it shows the version number as 2.1 as it is supposed to so I think I am bumping the version correctly.

3 comments
10 |2000

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
why are you deleting the app? Our Docs cover the proper process on app versioning, are you resigning the apk before you upload?
1 Like 1 ·
markbath avatar image markbath bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Bryan. The issue was that I was only bumping the versionName and not the versionCode so when I uploaded a subsequent apk with fixes it kept giving me the versioning error. Now that I am aware of bumping the versionCode I hope I don't have that issue anymore. I was deleting and recreating the app because I couldn't upload a second version with fixes as I had not bumped the versionCode correctly so it was my bad on that.
0 Likes 0 ·
markbath avatar image markbath markbath commented ·

I was initially digging around in here and didn't see anything regarding how to upload a subsequent apk (i.e. new version or bug fixed version in the case of sandbox/development). https://docs.clover.com/docs/working-with-apks

0 Likes 0 ·
minibusputrid avatar image
minibusputrid answered minibusputrid published

To see additional log messages, run the logcat command with the -b option to request viewing of an alternate circular buffer.

drift hunters

10 |2000

markbath avatar image
markbath answered

And then I saw this line:

• Attribute android:versionCode in your AndroidManifest.xml is greater than the version code of any APK you've already uploaded.
10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community