question

Tom Zelahy avatar image
Tom Zelahy asked Tom Zelahy answered

Clover Gen 3: Unable to start secure payments

We are working on implementing the clover gen 3 devices and are having issues when trying to send a sale request to the devices as they are immediately returning the message "Unable to start secure payments." For implementing the gen 3 devices, I am currently using a Mini and I have tried what is suggested in https://community.clover.com/questions/41167/rest-pay-display-unable-to-start-secure-payments.html but this did not work.

Our code is currently used for previous generations of devices and they work as desired. I have updated the Clover.RemotePayWindows to v 4.0.6 and I have tried to slim down the SaleRequest to send a bare minimum for testing but we continue to get the error. The device will display a message if I execute ShowMessage and also will prompt for a tip if we do not specify a TipMode as is shown in the SaleRequest code below. The tip mode will call back to OnTipAdded but will still fail. We are primarily trying to test with TipMode as NO_TIP but regardless of the mode, it will fail.

Just to pass it along, the test of SaleRequest that I'm trying is as follows:

SaleRequest saleRequest = new SaleRequest();
            saleRequest.ExternalId = GenerateExternalId();
            saleRequest.Amount = 10;
            DeviceConnector.Sale(saleRequest);

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Clover Miniclover developer community
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tom Zelahy avatar image Tom Zelahy commented ·

Just passing it along that the device is a model C305.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Zelahy avatar image
Tom Zelahy answered

Went to run a test this morning and it was successful. It appears an update was pushed out to our devices. Please consider the issue resolved.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

narayanan avatar image
narayanan answered Tom Zelahy commented

Are you able to complete a payment from Sale or Register app?

1 comment
10 |2000

Tom Zelahy avatar image Tom Zelahy commented ·

When trying to use the "Sale" app, it is trying to use the USB Pay Display app and will not succeed for me. The Register app is not on my device.

I'm trying to use the Network Pay Display (Dev) for development/testing at this time. I have see some posts that mention going to Setup > Payments and selecting/changing setting there but I do not see a "Setup" option on my device at this time. Maybe it is security related to what our companies settings are?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community