question

jpelster avatar image
jpelster asked jpelster commented

REST Pay Display - Unable to start secure payments

I'm working with a new Mini 3 Dev Kit trying to setup semi integration with Cloud REST Pay Display.

I have successfully been able to ping the device, display messages, and print receipts. However, I receive this error trying to initiate a payment:

{
    "code": "processing_error",
    "message": "Unable to start secure payments : ",
    "requestId": "547919e5-8505",
    "requestType": "PAY",
    "type": "api_error"
}

On the device if I go to Setup (DEV) > Payments > Device Status it says "Card payments are not allowed on this device".

If I go into the Sale app and try to charge something, it says "Payment app not found"

How can I resolve this problem so that I can continue my work on semi integration?

Clover Minisemi-integrationsDevKit
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jcam7044 avatar image jcam7044 commented ·

I'm having this problem as well. Can send messages to the device, prompt for tip, print receipt, ect.. but if I try a payment of any kind I get an error.

{

"code""processing_error",    
   "message""Unable to start secure payments : ",    
   "requestId""d214dd3b-11145",    
   "requestType""PAY",    
   "type""api_error"
}

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
kevnat avatar image
kevnat answered jpelster commented

Hello,

We're aware of an issue causing this behavior on the new Mini3 devices. Our team is working to get a fix out this week. In the meantime, you can try a factory reset to see if that resolves it for your device, as it's somewhat random and is not affecting all devices. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Kevin

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jcam7044 avatar image jcam7044 commented ·

Factory Reset worked for me. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes 0 ·
jpelster avatar image jpelster commented ·
Factory reset did not correct the problem for me, but hopefully the upcoming fix will. Thanks for the update.
0 Likes 0 ·
jpelster avatar image jpelster commented ·

Is there any update on the status of the fix?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevnat avatar image kevnat jpelster commented ·

A hotfix has been pushed out for this. If you're still seeing this issue, please try factory resetting again. If that still doesn't work, let me know and I'll ask my team.

0 Likes 0 ·
jpelster avatar image jpelster kevnat commented ·

Unfortunately, after doing the factory reset, my Clover Mini 3 still says "Payment app not found." in the Sale (DEV) app when I try to do a charge and the REST API call from Postman (Simple Payment) says:

{
"code" : "processing_error" ,
"message" : "Unable to start secure payments : " ,
"requestId" : "337d04eb-639" ,
"requestType" : "PAY" ,
"type" : "api_error"
}
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community