question

ali-asghari avatar image
ali-asghari asked ali-asghari commented

Can't upload APK into sandbox, Error message - Problem uploading APK

I tried to upload APK into clover and succeed, after that I tried to upload into clover's sandbox and got error message "Problem uploading apk". What's the difference ? And why i'm getting such error?

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alan avatar image Alan commented ·

I just went through the process an hour ago on sandbox. It has to be a signed APK of the 'release' flavour of the application if thats any help.

0 Likes 0 ·
ali-asghari avatar image ali-asghari commented ·

Thank you for your responce, I also had signed APK wich was signed for release, but it couldn't upload APK. p.s. It was possible to upload other apk's , but of course at the end it was showing "incorrect package or apk didn't signed "error.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered ali-asghari commented

When you're in sandbox I don't upload the APK, just specify the package name. Then side load onto the devkit

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ali-asghari avatar image ali-asghari commented ·

Thank you for your answer but can you explain a little bit detailed? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

You don't need to upload the APK onto your Dev Dashboard, just create an app, specify it's package name (com.yourapp.package), set the proper permissions or modules your app needs and side load your APK using Android Studio.

0 Likes 0 ·
skodama avatar image skodama commented ·

Thanks for the info Bryanne!

I had to do the following in order to make this work:

1. Create the app in the Dev Dashboard and set the necessary permissions
  2. Uninstall the app from the actual device if it was installed previously
  3. Install the app in the test Merchant Dashboard from the App Market
  4. Side load the app to the actual device using Android Studio
0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community