question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked brokenoval commented

Can I roll back an APK release to a previous version?

I'd like to roll all live merchants back to a specific, previously released (& approved) APK.

2 questions:

• If I unpublish an APK, will the previous APK be pushed as an "update" to live merchants? If they manually uninstall and re-install, will it install the previous APK?
  • Is there a way to push a previous version without the merchant's input?
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jim-patel avatar image
jim-patel answered brokenoval commented

If you unpublish then no one new will get that version installed, but it's my understanding that version will stay installed unless the merchant uninstalls it. If the merchant uninstalls and reinstalls, then the latest published version will be installed to the merchant, so that is a solution to your problem.

APK's only update forward. If you have an older version of the code, you could update the gradle file to increase to a newer version with the older code. A solution I've used is to upload two apk's each time I want to push an update, new code with version+1 and old code with version+2. Then publish the new code. If anything goes wrong, publish the old code that will be at the top of the list. Kinda hacky, but it's worked for me so far.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Thanks Jim - after unpublishing I noticed the install numbers fall very slightly on the higher version, this seemed to stop though at a point. So I've been getting people to uninstall and re-install. Thanks for your input

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community