question

richhung avatar image
richhung asked richhung answered

SSL: Certificate_Verify_Failed error on running install_apps.py

After setting up the emulator and creating my Clover account on the emulator. I tried running the install_apps.py after installing the urllib3 library. I keep getting an error. This is the first one.

ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:997)

This is the second one.

urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='filessandbox.dev.clover.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/apk/com.clover.apps-1398.apk (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:997)')))

Any idea what could be wrong in my set up?

Emulator
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
richhung avatar image
richhung answered

Apparently this is a MacOs problem with newer version of MacOS

cd /Applications/Python\ 3.6/
./Install\ Certificates.command

this fixed it - original article here
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40684543/how-to-make-python-use-ca-certificates-from-mac-os-truststore
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community