question

outahere91 avatar image
outahere91 asked outahere91 answered

developer accounts clarifications questions merchants

FIrst I had a merchant account because we use clover at my restaurant. Then I created a sandbox account, using the same email address, and I made test merchant and connected it to my devkit. I have been developing and testing two apps. They are working well. Okay, so now I tried to create a developer account, but it wouldn't let me do it with my same email, and it gave me an encryption error every time I tried to register as a company instead of an individual.... So now what is my process? I recreated one of my apps in the developer account (that is still waiting for some sort of "approval"), and it seems to work so far with the new test merchant I created. I also somehow linked my merchant account with my developer account, but it won't let me install my app onto my merchant account....
What am I supposed to do at this stage? Do I just submit the app for approval? Is there no way to test the app again in this live environment? Is it only able to be installed on test merchants at this stage? It seems the devkit cannot be connected to a test merchant that isn't in the sandbox anyway.

clover developer communityapp approvals
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

natalieclover avatar image
natalieclover answered outahere91 commented

Hello!

So, since you already have a production merchant account, you won't be able to use the same email to create a production developer account. The encryption for registering as a business is a current bug that we are working on fixing as well - so I would recommend submitting it (with a new email) as an individual and later on we would be able to switch that for you.

Production accounts will need an approval and so do any production apps:

- https://docs.clover.com/docs/developer-account-approval

- https://docs.clover.com/docs/developer-app-approval

We can push your app to your merchant account if you reach out to developer-relations@devrel.clover.com; just provide the app name, app UUID, merchant name, and merchant UUID.

Sandbox is best for the testing to answer your last portion. And yes, devkits will need to be tied to a sandbox merchant only.

If I missed anything, please feel free to comment with follow-ups or refer any questions to the email I provided.

Best,

Natalie

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

outahere91 avatar image outahere91 commented ·

Thank you Natalie,
I believe I already initiated the developer account approval, but I wasn't able to enter the company information. Will they be able to approve me as individual? How long will it take?

I can't submit my app for approval yet because I gotta do all the legal docs and make everything a bit prettier.

I will send an email to get the app pushed to my merchant.

Thank you again.

0 Likes 0 ·
natalieclover avatar image natalieclover ♦♦ outahere91 commented ·

Hello,

Yes, you would be able to be approved as an individual. Does your developer UUID start with Q8F4..? If so, I have seen your submission come in. I can go ahead and just get you started on the approval process. It shouldn't take me long.

Thanks!

Natalie

0 Likes 0 ·
natalieclover avatar image natalieclover ♦♦ natalieclover ♦♦ commented ·
Following up to say, your developer account has now been approved and I can reach out to you when you are able to switch to a corporate/business account.

Best,

Natalie

0 Likes 0 ·
outahere91 avatar image
outahere91 answered

Thank you Natalie. I got a response from developer-relations saying that they couldn't push the app to my account until I was approved as a developer. So hopefully they can push it now. I will finish with the legal stuff and submit for approval soon. Thank you for your help.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community