question

seanmblum avatar image
seanmblum asked seanmblum answered

Golf now Pos / clover mini tethered

I have a potential customer that has golf now for their par three golf course they also have a bar and restaurant that I have Clover in already. I’m looking to see if there’s anyway to tie the Clover mini tether to the golf now POS so that the payment processing can be all on one dashboard? Is this possible. I’ve done something similar to the Clover mini using bolt on Card Connect.

Clover Mini
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kishoresukumaran avatar image
kishoresukumaran answered kishoresukumaran edited

Can I know if the Clover that they have already in their bar, is it a Clover Station with tethered Mini? Do they have a Clover POS in the bar/restaurant? or is it a different POS using the Clover Mini for just payments?
Also, it depends on how you are using the Mini to tether, are you using our USB pay display or any other pay display apps?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

seanmblum avatar image
seanmblum answered

Hi. The clover station in the bar isn’t connected to there pos. They are using it normally. I would like to use the mini so that when it comes time to pay they hit the pay button on their current “golfnow”pos and the mini shows the correct total and customer can act. Hoping that that payment with show up on the clover dashboard ?? In other words trying to use clover mini as a tethered payment screen on a different pos

10 |2000

Jason Wheeler avatar image
Jason Wheeler answered

There are a couple apps that can work for this, but GolfNow would need to be involved to make sure it can connect.

Cloud pay display

Network pay display

Or Bolt.

I believe golf now uses card connect, so Bolt may actually be your best option to connect, but you would most likely have to swap the Clover mini for another one with bolt software on it at birth. Also the payments would not show up in the clover dashboard afterwards, the reporting would be through GolfNow for those transactions. If reporting is a huge piece then you’ll want to see about cloud pay display or network pay display working

10 |2000

seanmblum avatar image
seanmblum answered

They are trying to merge all the reporting into the clover dashboard they already have in other places in there business

If going to pay display. Is one of two better then the other or is it simply cloud vs. network ? And what needs to happen with golfnow. I mean what do we say to them? Basically the same things we are talking about here. Or is there specific data I need to attain? Thank you for your help!!!!

10 |2000

Jason Wheeler avatar image
Jason Wheeler answered

That makes sense. The two abs work the same way, I haven’t use Network pay display. I think that it just might be an app that some programs are able to integrate with easier than the other maybe? It’s also possible that you would need both apps to make it work.

You would want to speak with the development team at golf now to discuss how to put the connection together. They would have to create the connection on their side to push the necessary information to the Clover for payment.

There is another POS system that does this called go POS. You can use them as an example. Everything runs through their software and when it is time to pay it is sent to a Clover mini or a flex to handle the payment. I don’t know what other information is shown on the screen before it gets to the payment itself, but in the native clover world the USB pay display app shows the items that are being rung up by the employee.

10 |2000

seanmblum avatar image
seanmblum answered

Hi. Thanks for this info. I have another question similar with the Jonas software for a different golf course. I’m assuming that’s the same answer. Please disregard

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community