question

liju avatar image
liju asked liju commented

Urgent Production Issue - DECLINED & INV TRAN from REST v2 pay API's payment response

Requesting urgent response for this issue. We have more than 50 users using our app and many of them are getting a response as below JSON using our app in production. The merchant is losing on orders and our mobile app customers are unable to place orders since the payment transactions are getting DECLINED from clover.

What does this mean and how do I find what is wrong and why it is getting DECLINED.

{"paymentId":"RYG6PEQQ52V6R","result":"DECLINED","failureMessage":"INV TRAN","level":"info","message":"","timestamp":"2016-02-19T19:36:11.009Z"}

Some are giving below error as well:

{"paymentId":"4SV8PYRX111YP","result":"DECLINED","failureMessage":"TRANSARMOR INVL TOKEN OR ACCT","level":"info","message":"","timestamp":"2016-02-20T15:01:52.161Z"}

Could you please shed some light on what may be the problem?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bejoy Nair avatar image
Bejoy Nair answered

Just to add, we are facing this issue in production system on a live app for the customer. This issue never showed in sandbox or development. Quick response is really appreciated..

*Anyone from Clover Team cares to help out here. My merchants called Clover support and they do not have any idea what is going wrong here. They seem to be only aware of the Clover station and do not understand the payment API's provided by Clover to developer. Is there a developer production support line where we can call. We have all the payment id's and the error message from clover to show what is going wrong. But we need someone to support us the developers *

The app is Clavo Online Order and a sample merchant to try is Meatballs and Brews or Wing Addiction on the Google Play store. The Payment is declined when u try to make a credit card payment. The error message is 'Invalid Transaction.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered liju commented

Hi @bejoynair,

Can you please have one of the merchants experiencing this issue contact their customer support? Maybe they can refresh their Transarmor token and we can track it from our side to help identify what created the issue. The payment request seems to be valid from our side but we will continue investigating further.

7 comments
10 |2000

Bejoy Nair avatar image Bejoy Nair commented ·

@mike - Thanks mike for your feedback. There are 2 issue here:

1. Transaction Declined

2. Invalid Transarmor Token

I am assuming 2nd issue is linked to Transarmor but would u know the reason for issue #1

Also, is there a support line where we developers can call and find out more. Merchants usually call us and complain about our products and we are helpless in such situations where Clover is rejecting the transactions.

Any help is appreciated.

thx, Bejoy

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

The declined transaction most likely is due to the invalid transarmor token, so we just need to figure out where/when the token got invalidated. This unfortunately may be an issue with the payment gateway, which would not be immediately available for us to see. You did the correct thing in emailing us at dev@clover.com to let us know though!

0 Likes 0 ·
liju avatar image liju commented ·

Thanks Mike. Just to add to this. I have tried doing transaction using Test Card provided by Clover for Sandbox Developer Kit on a Sandbox merchant. I am getting the same DECLINED transaction error here as well. Following are my sandbox details for which I tried:- Sandbox Merchant Id: X5Z3YQGKGZYRA Failed Payment Id: {"paymentId":"MNKWZAEMCWGDE","result":"DECLINED","failureMessage":"INV TRAN","level":"info","message":"","timestamp":"2016-02-22T19:52:12.757Z"} More such payment ids: XMSF3RM31D678, M5XZTNJS96HAP, QYA1JSVGHVKP6 Could you please check if this helps to figure out the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

@Liju, is this using the v2 web pay api? Or when swiping the card on the Devkit for a payment?

0 Likes 0 ·
liju avatar image liju commented ·

Mike, I am using the v2 pay web api. This is giving the invalid transaction errors. Swiping card on dev kit works fine and the payment is successful

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
liju avatar image
liju answered liju commented

Hi, any update on this issue. My customers are waiting on this. Is there any ETA I can give to my customers when it will be resolved. Same issue is also happening in my Sandbox account tied to my Clover Developer Kit. Here is the link to the post for this issue on DevAsk: http://devask.clover.com/question/198...

9 comments
10 |2000

Can you please have one of the merchants experiencing this issue contact their FDC customer support? This is an issue with the payment gateway, which Sandbox and Production both share to some extent.

0 Likes 0 ·

Mike - I was able to get one merchant to call into to the Call center with me. Sadly, the support team did not know what to do. They have escalated the issue and am waiting for the call from Clover support team.

0 Likes 0 ·

Sounds great, please let us know if there is any progress on their side. We will continue investigating the issue further as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks Mike for the note. I can confirm today that all online payments for the merchants using the online clover API is failing. We have sampled 10 customer and all of them failed. I have the orderID and PaymentID that i can share with your team in case it helps resolve the issue. We continue sampling other merchants as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please email that information to dev [at] clover.com?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered Bryanne Vega commented

The answer to this is simple, both on FDPOS & Access One the TransAmor Tokens must be enabled 1 TransArmor Security Level 1 TransArmor Encryption Type T TransArmor Token Indicator

If you do not know what this is, get in contact with your ISO, if your ISO does not know what it is, you need a new ISO. This is not a production issue, rather than an account not properly setup.

9 comments
10 |2000

Thanks Bryanne. Could you please help me understand if what you are suggesting is for

1 - {"paymentId":"RYG6PEQQ52V6R","result":"DECLINED","failureMessage":"INV TRAN","level":"info","message":"","timestamp":"2016-02-19T19:36:11.009Z"}

OR

2 - {"paymentId":"4SV8PYRX111YP","result":"DECLINED","failureMessage":"TRANSARMOR INVL TOKEN OR ACCT","level":"info","message":"","timestamp":"2016-02-20T15:01:52.161Z"}.

Based on the response it seems to be pointing to issue #2. Majority of our customers are getting Issue#1 error message. Could you provide more clarity pls.

thx,

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Call Clover Customer Support, tell them that the Trans Armor tokens are not setup correctly, they'll review it and it'll be fixed. It might go for tier 2.

0 Likes 0 ·

Bryan - Had my merchants call up Clover support. They refused to entertain the idea that the Trans Armor token is not setup incorrectly. They are stating that if the clover station is working fine in the store then the online app payment should also work fine. We tried sharing the payment id's that were rejected by Clover but they did not have any tool at their disposal to review it. Basically they washed their hands off saying it is the app's problem..

Kinda frustrated now!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Are you trying to process a credit card?

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes on a mobile app using Clover Payment API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community