question

victorespina avatar image
victorespina asked victorespina commented

saleRequest.setDisablePrinting and Post Payment Print option.

I am using the setDisablePrinting() method on the SaleRequest class to prevent the Clover Flex device from automatically printing a receipt when a payment is accepted. But, when user reaches the Post Payment options menu (No receipt, Print, Email, Message), if user press on the Print option nothing happens.

My original idea is that the receipt should only be printed if the user decides so. Am I using the wrong method ?

TIA

Victor Espina

Clover FlexPrintPaymentConnector
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered victorespina commented

setDisablePrinting, disables all Clover printing. If you want to handle your own printing you should also be disabling the receipt options screen.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

victorespina avatar image victorespina commented ·
What I want to do is disable automatic receipt printing, but still allow the user to print the receipt if he choses so, in the receipt options screens. Is that possible ? If so, which method on the SalesRequest object should I call ?

TIA

Victor Espina

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ victorespina commented ·
If the receipt doesn't print until the customer selects the print option what auto-printing are you talking about.
0 Likes 0 ·
victorespina avatar image victorespina David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
If I don't use setDisablePrinting method, then when the payment is accepted, and BEFORE the Options Screen appears, a receipt is automatically printed by the Flex device. I actually looked up for this method trying to find a way to avoid that auto printing while running tests.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community