question

edcamp613 avatar image
edcamp613 asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Why cant I move items around in my register

In the old dashboard I had the ability to move items in the order that I wanted. This feature is no longer available. This is crazy that everything has to be alphabetical now.

Clover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Are you having issues with the Register app on a Clover device or are you using the web dashboard?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

edcamp613 avatar image
edcamp613 answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I am using both. Before you could view the items in inventory and hold mouse down on laptop and move items. and on the terminal you could hold down the icon and move it, now you can't. all these updates they have done have made things worse, it takes twice as long to build a menu. Clover is about 70% of my portfolio. I will be looking at options to move away from this platform soon.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
You can still order items via the dashboard, It has just changed with the new design, I am on my phone now but will get you instructions tomorrow morning.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

To re-order categories from the web dashboard: Inventory -> Categories -> Change Layout (upper right). Is this what you are looking for? You can also do this on the device -> If you go to the edit category screen, there is a drag handle on the right side that can be used to reorder, it has been like that for a very long time and has not changed.

2 comments
10 |2000

thedangler avatar image thedangler commented ·
He's referring to the ability to organize the items how he or the merchant wants not by arbitrary alphabetical order. Being able to order the items / categories your self to fit your needs is the best option.

Kind of like how dinning app shows all tables for servers even though a server might not be assigned to those tables. making getting to the table harder because they have to scroll through all the tables.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ thedangler commented ·
That is what my post, that you are responding to, describes how to do.
0 Likes 0 ·
edcamp613 avatar image
edcamp613 answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Items not categories!

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Items can be re-ordered following the same pattern. Instead of selecting the "Change Layout" button on the categories page you will drill-down into a category (select the category, web dashboard) and then select the "Change Layout" button from within the category to order the items within the category.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Items can be re-ordered following the same pattern as categories. Instead of selecting the "Change Layout" button on the categories page you will drill-down into a category (select the category, web dashboard) and then select the "Change Layout" button from within the category to order the items within the category.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community