question

pritesh25 avatar image
pritesh25 asked vhernandez commented

Clover Notification Not Receiving

We integrated Clover notification in our app as per clover document, our app is currently in production and working well i.e. notification work perfectly.

Whereas we are facing challenges in sandbox envrionment while receiving notifications. Even we verified down time with help of https://status.clover.com/.

We are using Clover C500 and C503 devices.

We also checked app info in clover device, where we found something called as "~4 notification per day" as shown in below screenshot. What is exactly mean in highlighted area of screenshot?

device-2022-01-28-164039.png

Clover Android SDKclover developer communityClover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Are you sure your app is installed? Are you sure it has the correct permissions? I would grab the device logs and debug a bit and then provide us with more details from the information you gathered.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pritesh25 avatar image pritesh25 commented ·
1. Yes, app is installed in clover device(see screenshot).

2. Yes, app has correct permission because same app running in production environment perfectly.

3. using clover notification api we send notification to app. but app didn't receive notification.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ pritesh25 commented ·

Are you getting back a 200 on the notification call? Note, the notification endpoints require your app secret to be passed as the bearer (not an access token). What is your app id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image
Richelle Herrli answered vhernandez commented

We recently turned off URL query-parameter-based authentication in Sandbox in preparation for their removal in production. Are you authenticating using

?access_token=<<appSecret>> 

instead of using

Authorization: Bearer <<appSecret>> 

in the HTTP header?

4 comments
10 |2000

pritesh25 avatar image pritesh25 commented ·

1. We already migrated access_token from url parameter to header as well for every clover api.

2. We also released updated access_token app to production environment which is working perfectly.

1 Like 1 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ pritesh25 commented ·
Are you getting back a 200 on the notification call? Note, the notification endpoints require your app secret to be passed as the bearer (not an access token).
0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image Richelle Herrli ♦♦ pritesh25 commented ·
I'm still seeing a number of calls from the production Swift Pizza app placing the auth token as a URL query parameter. What is the UUID of your sandbox app?
0 Likes 0 ·
vhernandez avatar image vhernandez commented ·

Hello, I just saw the same problem, when are you guys planning to implement it on production?, I would like to know for get ready.

Thank you !!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community